It’s no mystery that Texans are huge fans of pickup vehicles, and in fact, it’s been stated that Texas sells one in every six pickup trucks.
It’s no wonder, therefore, that all the leading truck manufacturers have released a particular version designed specifically for Texas at some time.
Some are entry-level trucks, and others are top-of-the-line luxury vehicles.
But there’s one feature they all have in common: a lot of brown leather and a lot of chrome.
Ford is also not too far from this notion, and launching this special edition TX label truck proves it for all.
And without ado, let’s dive into the crazy world of Texas-style special editions.
What Is the Ford F150 Texas Edition?
The F150 Texas edition is the Texas exclusive edition from Ford and comes with a chrome bar grille, some side steps, and badges of Texas for buyers.
Ford F-150 Texas Edition – What does it have?
In 2006, Ford created the first Texas version of the F150 to recognize the prominence of the Texas truck market.
Significance of the name “Texas Edition.”
Texas is a state in the United States with low tax rates and a business-friendly climate.
- Many locals and other Americans have a strong desire to use pickup trucks as their primary mode of transportation.
- It accounts for around one-sixth of all truck sales in the United States.
- According to the manufacturer, the features of these trims might differ for different vehicle models.
- Some cars include a variety of upgrades in addition to better truck efficiency. Some have simple body styles with Texas logo badges.
- The Ford F150 Texas edition, for example, is a basic variation of the standard trim level with chrome-coated exterior details.
Ford Texas F150 specialty
- From 2006 through 2020, Ford added a few body style components to its XLT trim levels to create the Texas edition of the Ford F150.
- As a result, there will be no performance discrepancies or other specifications.
- The only difference is that emblems and a few chrome components have been added.
- A few models are also available in FX4 trim, which replaces the Lariat trim level and adds extra luxury amenities for 4-wheel drive vehicles.
- As a result, it offers easy changes to its outer body appearance at a reduced price.
- Even lower than one needs to pay for as separate packages.
The features of the Texas F150 that are distinct:
The Texas Edition Ford F150 includes all the amenities of the XLT trim level plus
The goal is to make the pickup truck seem grander and more tune with Texas’ historic cowboy and ranch culture.
Here is a list of the special edition’s contents –
- It sports a chrome grille rather than a stainless steel or plastic design.
- Solid chrome construction protects the engine and provides the vehicle with a classic or aristocratic aspect.
- Courtesy of decent ground clearance, side stairs, or running boards on both sides of a truck function as a ladder to enter and exit the vehicle.
- The front door of the Ford F150 has chrome running boards.
- They are also easier to clean than standard plastic versions.
Tip for the exhaust
- The Ford F150 has an exhaust tip visible on the rear.
- Adding a chrome element to the pipe’s end will improve the vehicle’s appearance.
- It also defines the engine’s sound.
- Unlike steel, the exhaust tip does not rust.
- Door handles are crucial elements of the vehicle cabin.
- So, Ford added chrome knobs to all four doors and the tailgate to boost visibility and visual accent.
- It comes in F150 SuperCrew and Supercab versions.
- With Grey-toned cloth chairs with motorized adjustments.
- The leather-wrapped steering wheel features electric power control and functions.
- The front and back license plates say “Texas.”
- A distinctive badge is put on the tailgate.
- The metallic badge has blue, red, and white lone star signatures with the Texas edition inscribed in silver.
PVD Chrome Wheels
- PVD coating on 17′′-18′′ all-weather wheels.
- This procedure provides them with a more lasting finish to match the truck’s chrome.
- And It is much lighter than chrome plating and increases overall vehicle fuel economy.
Ford F-150 Texas – Options for Non-Texans and Pricing:
Ford F150 Texas edition additional for Non-Texans –
- To boost the exterior design of its vehicles, Ford has launched a specific chrome option for customers outside of Texas.
- The chrome grille, pivots, doorknobs, tailgate handle, vent tip, and front trailer hook are all present in this kit.
- It also contains PVD chrome wheels.
- And it will extend their service life and improve their appearance.
This package, which starts at $1650-$1750, will draw attention to the XLT edition by including high-end trimmings and luxury amenities.
- It is styled with chrome and leather to give it a pretentious appearance.
Is the Ford F150 Texas Edition exclusive to the state of Texas in the United States?
- The truck’s other features are identical to the XLT trim found in different country regions.
- As a result, it won’t be found in some other state because those drivers won’t recognize the Lone Star Texas insignia or chrome pieces.
- It is not accessible in other states, according to Ford.
- They may, however, obtain the same capabilities by paying an additional fee, as previously noted, by purchasing the Chrome look package.
Ford F150 special edition for each state –
- Ford has developed customized versions for each state, like the Texas edition.
- Some have distinctive features and state badges or symbols.
- California, Michigan, Oklahoma, the Midwest, and Indiana, to mention a few, have specific editions of this vehicle.
- They are part of the automaker’s marketing plan to offer specific features and emblems to connect with residents of that state.
PS– As a result, customers may purchase customized versions of their region at a discount with additional features.
Some other questions,
Related Questions & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q1.) What is so special about the F150 TX edition?
Answer:The 2022 Texas Edition comes with a strikingly impressive TX badging, which looks flawless and is excellent for your next expedition.
Q2.) What are the F150 Tx and general types?
Answer:Most common are XL, STX, King Ranch, and Platinum, and around seven are in the market up to 2023.
Q3.) What are some of the decent F-150 TX/Non-TX trucks of all time?
Answer:The best trucks include those whose manufacture year was in 2014 and 2018, while those of 2015, 16 were poor due to complaints.
Q4.) Are Texas edition f150 only available in Texas?
Answer:Yes, and it is due to the love of Texans for their trucks because one-sixth of all trucks people buy in Texas only.
Q5.)What is the accurate weight of a Ford F 150 Tx?
Answer:It weighs over 4475 pounds, which is also equivalent to the curb weight of a 2015 F-150 4×2 SuperCrew with the 3.5-litre V-6 engine, according to Ford.
Q6.) How big is the bed on a Ford F150 tX?
Answer:The 5.5-footbed is the smallest of the three choices, measuring 67.1 inches long by 50.6 incheswide and offering 52.8 cubic feet of cargo capacity.
Others two have more significant dimensions but are less popular.
Q7.) What is the curb weight on an F150 TX?
Answer:The total mass of a vehicle with standard equipment and all necessary operating consumables.
Q8.) What is the width of a Ford F150’s tailgate?
Answer: The TR-03 Truck Tailgate Net is 61 inches wide, allowing you to take a fast measurement of your truck bed to be sure.
Q9.) What are some standard tailgate widths of older straps?
Answer: The Pilot TR-03 truck tailgate net is made for full-size vehicles, including your 2004 Nissan Titan.
- The straps are 10 inches long, and the net section is 61 inches long.
Q10.) What engines does the Ford F 150 TX have?
Answer: 20 MPG 26 MPG 2.7L EcoBoost® Twin-Turbocharged V6
23 MPG 30 MPG 3.0L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel V6
One can upgrade these as well.
Q11.) What is the specialty of Ford’s F series of pickups like the F150 Texas?
Answer: Ford F-Series is a line of light-duty and medium-duty vehicles (Class 2-7) that Ford Motor Company has marketed and manufactured.
- The F-Series is a line of full-size pickup trucks, chassis cab trucks, and commercial vehicles that have been in production since 1948.
Q12.) What is the weight of a one-ton pickup truck?
Answer: Size Chart for Trucks as per the GVWR Category Gross Vehicle Weight Rating –
Light Duty 16,000 lbs.
Q13.) What are the weighting aspects of F150 TX, like pickups with only one ton?
Answer: 2 Light Duty: 6,001 to 10,000 lbs.
- 3 Medium Duty: 10,001 to 14,000 lbs.
- 4 Medium Duty: 14,001 to 16,000 lbs.
Q14.) What is the maximum weight that a one-ton truck can carry?
Answer: 3/4- and 1-ton pickup trucks can contribute significantly more than their names imply.
A 3/4-ton GMC has a GVWR of 8600 pounds, which means it can transport 3300 pounds in addition to its 5300-pound wet curb weight.
Q15.) What does the 150 in f150 stand for?
Usually refers to the truck’s payload capacity in the bed, 1500 pounds. Two hundred fifty pounds equals 2500 pounds. 350 equals 3500.
Q16.) How does the tonne system work for F150?
Answer:However, they are labeled as a half tonne, a 3/4 tonne, and a one-ton. The lightest truck is the 150.
It’s equivalent to a GM, Chevrolet, or Dodge 1500 pickup truck.
Q17.) What should one not calculate in the carb weight of F150?
Answer:This includes motor oil, transmission oil, coolant, air conditioning refrigerant, and sometimes a full tank of fuel, while not loaded with passengers or cargo, is the curb weight.
Some deluxe editions like F150 are often not easy for us non-Texans, and not all producers make a big fuss about it outside of Texas.
Furthermore, it is accessible at a lower cost than the chrome package, which is a unique option for clients in other states.
In addition, numerous Texas merchants have indeed been known to assemble their kits, replete with badging.
The Texan love for trucks made the Ford f150 launch a Special Edition F150 with a TX badging, which looks fantastic.
Thanks For Reading!
That equipment includes 22-inch premium black-painted aluminum wheels, the Cargo Package, Continuous Controlled Damping (CCD), and the Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package. Adding on the Texas Edition Package nets buyers one additional feature – unique Texas Edition badging.Which is better RAM or F-150? ›
The F-150 sacrifices interior comfort for higher towing/hauling capacity. The Ram 1500 has better storage, technology, and comfort options, but the F-150 offers a pricey upgrade to max towing/hauling capacity that you would need to upgrade to an Ram 2500 to match.What are the different levels of Ford F-150? ›
The truck is available in eight trim levels: XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch®, Platinum, Limited, Tremor®, and Raptor.Is the F-150 rust proof? ›
The rust issue doesn't appear to affect all 2021 F-150s, and in an emailed statement a Ford spokeswoman said that “while some F-150 underbody steel components may show signs of surface rust, this will have no impact on part performance or life.”What's special about Texas edition trucks? ›
The Chevy Silverado Texas Edition is an enhanced and improved version of the Silverado LT trim, bringing more features and special access to exclusive insignia and vehicle benefits.What is the Texas Edition package? ›
The Texas Edition Silverado includes 20" by 9" Chrome wheels, Bose sound system (LTZ only), Dual-zone climate control, remote start, power outlet, trailering package, remote start, and more. At Lone Star Chevrolet, we're always offering new Chevy SPECIALS as big as Texas. Call us to find out the latest offer!What is the toughest truck in America? ›
- Ford F-150. This perennial favorite is popular for a reason. ...
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The Silverado 1500 has plenty of long-time fans among truck enthusiasts, and it's easy to see why. ...
- Ram 1500. ...
- GMC Sierra 1500. ...
- Chevrolet Colorado. ...
- Which Truck Comes out on Top?
In the end, it all comes down to what the driver wants. Chevy models are ideal for drivers who favor reliability, interior design, and safety. On the other hand, Ford offers better overall performance in its truck lineup, with more power and towing capabilities, if you're willing to shell out the extra cash.Who makes a better truck Ford or Chevy? ›
When you compare the towing and hauling of the two trucks, Ford is the clear winner again. The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 comes in 12,200 pounds of towing and 2,590 pounds hauling capacity, while the 2019 Ford F-150 has 13,300 pounds of towing and a 3,270 pounds of hauling capacity. Safety.What is Ford's highest package? ›
The seven trim levels of the 2021 Ford F-150 are as follows: XL, STX, XLT, Lariat Sport, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited. You have a difficult decision ahead of you if you need to choose between them, but we can help you out.
The Baja-bred Ford F-150 Raptor is the highest trim level, and it's an off-roader's dream. It's powered by the same engine as the previous trim: a High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 (450 horsepower). This truck also adds off-road FOX Shox™ as well to help you tackle off-road terrain.What is the top of the line F-150? ›
As the top-of-the-line trim in the F-150 family, the Ford F-150 Limited comes with all the cutting-edge features and technologies listed above as well as a unique design that's sure to turn heads. It comes standard with the SuperCrew cab style and the 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine.Which truck is least likely to rust? ›
- Dodge Ram 3500 (2013-2018)
- Mazda BT-50 (2012)
- Honda Ridgeline (2017)
- Fiat Toro (2016-2018)
- Chevrolet Colorado (2012)
- Ford F-150 (2015)
The 2015 Ford F-150 has been in the news a lot recently. One of the most noteworthy changes that the F-150 has is that the entire body of the truck is aluminum. It's military-grade, tough-as-nails aluminum, but this is a huge departure from the norm. The lighter, but high-performing is sure to help with fuel economy.What problems does the 2021 Ford F-150 have? ›
The F-150 currently has an open recall due to a driveshaft issue. In affected trucks, heat and noise insulators could loosen and come into contact with the aluminum driveshaft. As a result, it could damage the driveshaft and cause a fracture. This could lead to the loss of drive power or loss of vehicle control.Do they only sell Texas edition trucks in Texas? ›
In fact, it's reported that a stunning one of every six pickups sold is in the state of Texas. It should come as no surprise, then, that all of the major truck manufacturers have offered a special edition just for Texas at some point. Some are base model trucks, while others are top-end luxury.What trucks have a Texas edition? ›
- Chevy Silverado Texas Edition. Project Auto via Youtube. ...
- Ford F-150 Texas Edition. RCGCarReviews via Youtube. ...
- Toyota Tundra 1794 Ediiton. ...
- Ford King Ranch. ...
- Texas Edition Tahoe. ...
- Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition. ...
- Dodge Laramie Longhorn Edition. ...
- Dodge Ram Big Horn.
The interior of the Ram 1500 Lone Star offers a wealth of premium features. This includes optional heated front seats, standard bench seats or optional deluxe bucket seats, the Uconnect infotainment system, Integrated Voice Command, and an optional Active Noise-Control System.What is the RST Texas Edition? ›
The LT & RST Texas Edition includes Convenience Package, locking rear differential, Trailering Package and Texas Edition badging. LTZ Convenience Package includes: Bucket seats with center console. Heated and ventilated front seats.What is 2016 Texas Edition f150? ›
2016 Ford F 150 Crew Cab XLT Sport Truck Texas Edition - YouTube
What do the LS, LT, and LTZ letters mean? LS = Luxury Sport. LT = Luxury Touring. LTZ = Luxury Touring Z. The Z represents it is the highest trim level.What trucks break down the most? ›
- Chevrolet Silverado. There have been many ups and downs for Silverado, and a long span of nine problematic model years doesn't have to mean all of them are bad. ...
- Ford F-150. The Ford F-150 continues to be America's best-selling truck. ...
- Ram 1500. ...
- Toyota Tundra. ...
- Honda Ridgeline. ...
- Nissan Titan. ...
- Chevrolet Colorado. ...
- Nissan Frontier.
- Ford F-250.
- RAM 2500.
- Nissan Frontier.
- Chevrolet Colorado.
- Toyota Tundra.
- GMC Sierra 1500.
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500.
- Toyota Tacoma.
The Ford F-150 is probably the most famous truck on the planet, and it continues the Ford F-Series' 40-year record as the best selling truck on the market.Which is better Ram or Ford? ›
The verdict? RAM 1500 is a better deal. It has a better V6 and a great V8 with the interesting eTorque mild hybrid system available. Both trucks offer however much you'd like of performance, capability and luxury, but the Ram is a more modern truck both aesthetically and mechanically.Do Fords last longer than Chevys? ›
Considering both models are frequently used for work trucks, owners tend to preserve the performance and condition of their vehicles, often leading to increased longevity. Based on these numbers, however, Chevy trucks last just a tad longer than its Ford counterparts on the 200,000-mile list.Is Ford better than Toyota? ›
According to the J.D. Power Vehicle Reliability Survey, Toyota is ranked as more reliable than Ford. Toyota scored 5 out of 5 in reliability while Ford scored a measly 3 out of 5.Which is more reliable F-150 or Silverado? ›
The Chevy Silverado 1500 ranks as more reliable than the Ford F-150. According to the J.D. Power Dependability Study, the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 is more reliable than the 2019 Ford F-150.What truck has the most reliable engine? ›
Toyota UR 5.7L V8
Even in the last decade, no other pickup truck has been nominated as the most reliable and cost-effective over two times like Tundra, which houses this massive engine. This engine has won eight times and that makes it one of the reliable and best pickup truck engines for you.
Helped by the Chevrolet Silverado, GM sold more pickup trucks than any other automaker last year. Despite declining sales, General Motors sold more pickup in the U.S. than any other automaker last year and led the industry in both the full-size and midsize truck segments.
Engine power: XLT has a 3.3L Ti-VCT V6; Lariat has a 2.7L Eco Boost V6. Towing capacity: XLT can tow 7,600 lbs; Lariat can tow 8,600 lbs. Standard bed length: XLT offers two-bed lengths; Lariat only has one. Interior features: Lariat has more luxury features.What does Lariat stand for? ›
|LARIAT||Laser Radar Intelligence Acquisition Technology|
|LARIAT||Long Range Radar for Intrusion Detection and Tracking|
The FX4 Off-Road Package includes an electronic-locking rear differential (locks the rear axle completely for enhanced traction at both wheels), Hill Descent Control,™ off-road tuned shock absorbers, skid plates and “FX4 Off-Road” decal.Is limited or platinum better? ›
The Limited holds the larger turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 EcoBoost engine, which delivers top-tier 500 pounds per foot of torque, with a max towing rate of 14,000 pounds. Not only is there more power in the Limited, its fuel economy beats that of the Platinum as well with 18/24 miles per gallon.Which F-150 trim has leather seats? ›
2020 Ford F-150
To make the F-150 even more comfortable, drivers can opt for leather seating in the LARIAT, King Ranch, Raptor, Platinum, and Limited trims.
It's a badge on the side of your car, which means that it is a special edition Ford truck. Basically, it's an abbreviation for Extra Luxurious Truck. But there's more to it than that. The XLT designation is given to vehicles that have been specially outfitted with features that make them both luxurious and efficient.What is the most luxurious Ford truck? ›
It's called the 'Limited'
“Super Duty Limited is the most luxurious and advanced heavy-duty pickup truck ever created by Ford for accomplished buyers, with appetites for the high life and hard-earned dollars to match.” The F-250 Limited 4×4 will start out at $80,835 MSRP inc $1,295 destination fee.
The EcoBoost V6 comes in with 500 lb-ft of torque, and the best figures are for the PowerBoost engine. It is rated at 570 lb-ft of torque. If capacity is what you need, then the EcoBoost engine wins this category. It has a capacity of 14,000 lbs, versus the PowerBoost's 12,700 lbs.Is Platinum better than King Ranch? ›
The Platinum trim only exceeds the King Ranch in technology and safety features. More than anything else, the appearance of the two trucks has brought on conversations about country practicality versus city-style, though both trucks offer drivers a luxury operating experience.Do newer Fords rust? ›
Even though steel Fords may see more rust than steel ones at times, the newer aluminum models still have some issues with corrosion. One main concern with these models is where the aluminum fenders join the steel frame. This is a high wear area and can cause a lot of rust in this location if not monitored often.
Where Do Ford Trucks Rust? The frame and undercarriage are where most rust occurs on a Ford truck. The components under the truck are generally unprotected from the elements. The metal is exposed to moisture after every rainstorm, and it is very difficult to keep that metal rust-free.What trucks are best for not rusting? ›
- 7 No Rust: 2017 Honda Ridgeline. ...
- 6 No Rust: 2016 - 2018 Fiat Toro. ...
- 5 No Rust: 2012 Chevrolet Colorado. ...
- 4 No Rust: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. ...
- 3 No Rust: 2017 Volkswagen Amarok Aventura. ...
- 2 No Rust: 2018 Mercedes-Benz X-Class. ...
- 1 No Rust: 2015 Ford F150.
In the early noughties, Ford started to use aluminum in manufacturing the hoods of some of their vehicles, including their F-Series pickups. Unfortunately for those who bought these cars and trucks, the aluminum they used had not been properly insulated, leading to issues with corrosion.Are all new f150s aluminum? ›
New from the ground up, the 2021 F-150 is the first major update since Ford's franchise vehicle adopted aluminum body panels for the 2015 model year. As with that pickup, the '21 F-150's body is made of aluminum. Its frame is fully boxed high-strength steel.Which Ford trucks are aluminum? ›
At the moment, the Ford F-150 and F-Series Super Duty are the only trucks that have both aluminum bodies and aluminum beds. For 2019, the Chevrolet Silverado did replace some steel body panels with aluminum ones, but not the bed.What is the latest Ford f150 recall? ›
Ford F-150 Pickup Trucks Recalled Because Their Driveshaft May Fracture. Ford has announced the recall of more than 58,000 F-150 pickup trucks from the 2021 and 2022 model years because the driveshaft may be damaged by loose parts.Does the 2021 F-150 have transmission problems? ›
Ford is recalling certain 2021 F-150 pickup trucks because their transmissions may unexpectedly shift into neutral while in motion, which could cause a crash. The problem is due to an error in the transmission's software.Is Ford F-150 EcoBoost any good? ›
“It runs smoothly, has awesome acceleration and a big spacious backseat in the crew cab — love it. It has a nice interior with lots of storage, and the 2.7-liter EcoBoost is a great engine for my needs.” — 2020 F-150; Endicott, N.Y.What is the 2017 Texas Edition Silverado? ›
2017 Chevrolet Silverado Texas Edition Double Cab - YouTubeWhat is Chevy's version of King Ranch? ›
Texas, its Chevrolet division rolled out new high-end version of its redesigned 2014 Silverado pickup called the High Country. The new luxury truck takes dead aim at the Ford F-150 King Ranch, Chrysler's Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn and a new ranch-inspired Toyota Tundra 1792 Edition.
What percentage of pickup trucks are sold in Texas? In Texas 19.2% of all vehicles on the road are pickup trucks.How many trucks are sold in Texas? ›
That's why they prefer function over fashion when it comes to vehicles. Nothing is more functional than a heavy-duty pickup truck. This may explain the 4.2 million pickup trucks in Texas. Texas is still a big ranching state with one of the biggest ranches in the United States: King Ranch.