- About Us
- Success Profile
- Meet Our Employees
- Job Responsibilities
- Related Content
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
Back to Job Navigation (About)
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
- Problem Solver
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
Back to Job Navigation (Qualifications)
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Back to Job Navigation (Benefits)
Subcontract Administrator, Senior
Job ID: 639202BR Date posted: May. 23, 2023 Locations: Denver, Colorado
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
By bringing together people that use their passion for purposeful innovation, at Lockheed Martin we keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work. With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel development and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. At Lockheed Martin, we place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering innovation, and integrity, and exemplifying the epitome of corporate responsibility.
Supply Chain’s vision is to enable customer and mission success through supply chain strategies and execution that deliver superior operational program performance and create competitive advantage through continuous improvement. It is our mission to deliver affordable supply chain solutions that meet all program requirements and manage supply chain risks to ensure positive supplier performance through all phases of the program life-cycle from capture to sustainment. If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team. This is an ideal opportunity for you to make an impact on our supply chain strategy for robust, efficient, and fast program startup & execution. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity
This role will offer you the following daily challenges:
In this role, you will perform subcontract administration for the Space-Based Infrared System Sustainment program. You will be responsible for one or more subcontracts and will perform full life cycle administration from proposal to closeout. You will work with a highly successful team of supply chain professionals in an integrated product team environment.
• Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services for subcontracts in support of development, production and global sustainment for multiple contract types.
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, develops evaluation criteria, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
• Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
• Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
• May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority.
Although this position does support some teleworking; the preferred candidate will be located near our Lockheed Martin Space facility in Denver, Colorado , and be expected to work in the office as needed and as appropriate.
To be successful, you will need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education,
• 3+ years of professional SCM experience,
• Experience with ERP systems (SAP, P2P),
• Experience working with major, large business suppliers,
• Knowledge of government contracting requirements (FAR/DFAR),
• You will need to be a US Citizen, and
, to support this government contract, as well as successfully pass a drug and background check, in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Please note: No clearance is required to apply or prior to start.
To be successful, ideally, you should also have:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Experience and/or knowledge of government contracting requirements (FAR/DFAR),
• Existing knowledge of LMAP and CAP,
• Demonstrated background in awarding compliant subcontracts based on FAR/DFAR, LMAP, and business unit processes,
• Cost Account Manager experience and certification
• Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Possess effective relationship-building skills with peers, leadership, and suppliers
• You bring positivity and enthusiasm to every project you touch. In addition to the work, you love being part of a team and working collaboratively through the process.
• Proven exceptional strategic communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation, to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers, suppliers, as well as program and executive management, with an ability to persuade and motivate action.
PLEASE NOTE-Other important information:
• By applying to this role, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities, within Lockheed Martin, where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match.
• Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Benefits of Employment:
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package here.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as Black Excellence Council for (BEC), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Professional Asian American Network (PAAN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes
At Space, we value your skills, training, and education. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee… join us to experience your future!
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $67,200 - $128,900. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Purchasing/Procurement/Supply Chain
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Applying at Lockheed Martin
We’re thrilled that you are interested in joining the team at Lockheed Martin! Since applying for a job can be a bit of a mystery at times, we wanted to let you know exactly what to expect during the process with Lockheed Martin.
Lockheed Martin Leaders: "We Need You"
To be diverse is not only who we are. It’s what we believe. Apply today to one of more than 5,000 available opportunities.
Living our Company Values Amid COVID-19
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our employees have lived the company’s core values of doing what’s right, respecting others, and performing with excellence.
Year in Review: The Missions, Milestones and Challenges Faced in 2020
As the world faced unprecedented challenges this year, we continued to deliver on our mission and support our customers around the world.
Explore the Area
Denver — Colorado
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.
Join our talent network and receive company news and job alerts to your inbox.
- F-35 Crew Chief (APG), Cheongju, South Korea
- Subcontract Administrator - Level 2
- Software Engineer (Military Operations Analysis)
- Military Operations Analysis Software Engineer - Deployment Architect
- Software Engineer - Level 2
- Software Engineer - Skunk Works - Level 3
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.